Support Resources for Complainants

Complainants are encouraged to work with Confidential Resources, including SHARE.

Even if an individual does not wish to pursue formal disciplinary or criminal action at this time, they are still able to obtain the resources and accommodations described here.  The Office of Gender Equity and Title IX Administration is available to further discuss resources and accommodations.  For more information, please contact Director of Gender Equity and Title IX Administration Regan Crotty ( and/or see Rights, Rules, Responsibilities section 1.3.9.  Requests for accommodations may also be coordinated by an undergraduate complainant’s director of student life (DSL) or by a dean at the Graduate School if the complainant is a graduate student.

Accommodations (also called Interim Measures in the Sex Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct policy) are available to complainants. Accommodations/interim measures may include:

  • Access to counseling services and assistance in arranging an initial appointment;
  • Rescheduling of exams and assignments;
  • Change in class schedule, including the ability to transfer course sections or withdraw from a course;
  • Change in work schedule or job assignment;
  • Change in campus housing;
  • Providing medical services;
  • Imposition of an on-campus “no contact order," an administrative remedy designed to curtail contact and communications between two or more individuals; and/or
  • Any other measure that can be used to achieve the goals of the Sex Discrimination and Sexual Misconduct Policy.

In addition, if the complainant is interested in information regarding resources that may be available to them related to a disability, they should contact Elizabeth Erickson, Director of  Disability Services (

For more information regarding No Communication and No Contact Orders, see No Communication and No Contact Order FAQs.